If you’ve been experiencing chronic knee pain, one of the many non-surgical procedures that we offer is Platelet Rich Plasma Injection. The concentrated platelets promote natural healing of damaged ligaments, cartilage and tendons.
Here are some facts that you should know about Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) :
- PRP uses parts of your own blood to help your body heal itself. A sample of your blood is spun around in a centrifuge. This separates it into platelets, plasma, and red and white blood cells.
- The doctor injects the mixture (PRP) into your damaged tissues. The immune system reacts quickly and special white blood cells called “macrophages” rush in and take away damaged cells.
- Stems cells and other cells begin to multiply and overtime repair and rebuild damaged tissues.
- Imaging is used to pinpoint specific areas for the injection(s)
- You may have to come back for more injections as you heal.
To see if you’re a candidate for this treatment option give us a call (770) 250-4020 or visit our website for more information.