It’s a New Year and resolutions are being made and goals set. But what can a person do if suffering from chronic pain to feel better and fulfill their resolutions and goals? Here are 11 coping tips to try and hopefully help you feel better:
1. Learn deep breathing or meditation to help you relax.
2. Reduce stress in your life. Stress intensifies chronic pain.
3. Boost chronic pain relief with the natural endorphins from exercise.
4. Cut back on alcohol, which can worsen sleep problems.
5. Join a support group. Meet others living with chronic pain.
6. Don’t smoke. It can worsen chronic pain.
7. Track your pain level and activities every day.
8. Learn biofeedback to decrease migraine and tension headache pain.
9. Get a massage for chronic pain relief.
10. Eat a healthy diet if you’re living with chronic pain.
11. Find ways to distract yourself from pain so you enjoy life more.
And, as always, Georgia Pain and Wellness Center is here to assist you. Call (770)962-3642 to schedule an appointment at one of our seven convenient locations and feel better and have a Happy 2017!
taken and adapted from webmd